Jason tells me that I bite off more than I can chew and try projects that are too big. So, I was determined to actually make something this year for Easter and have it work. Spring break gave me a little time, so I decided to try again.
I was successful if I do say so myself...
Madison made her grandparents a flower pot that was "planted with care" and had her green handprints on the side to prove it. The flowers bloomed with all kinds of spring cheer.
This is the back.
So, now I am all sorts of pumped and excited that it worked and it's finished in time, so I keep going.
I made Madison's Easter basket out of a paint can and a few supplies from the craft store.
I love, love, love this:
I just had Jason take off the paint can handle and drill a little larger holes in the sides so the ribbon would slide through. Madison has been wearing it on her arm as she walks around the hosue. We'll have to see how the paper holds up at the egg hunt, but I have faith it will make it just fine.
Then I kept going... This one was super easy and cheap. I already had the clothes pins from school. I picked up color paint swatches for free from Lowe's and cut them into strips. I glued a small piece to the clothes pin and ta-da. Easy, color matching game.
So all in all, not bad for a few days of fun while Madison napped.
It's only taken 2 years to get it accomplished. :-)
Crafty people impress me. How they find the time to be so crafty baffles me!

Impressive, cuz. That Easter basket is divine! Love, love, love.
ReplyDelete