Thursday, March 14, 2013

How Funny...

Especially as a teacher, I hear people all the time saying, "We should write these things down. We could make a book off all the funny things that kids say." Jason and I say that all the time with Madison. She is hilarious in her day to day speech and just laughs with us as we crack up at her. Today was one of those days that I kept saying, "Oh I have to remember this to tell Jason." So, finally I did start writing them down.
I know, I know, every parent thinks their child is just oh so smart, but Madison's is clearly talking sentences at 26 months and it's very clear what she is saying and what she wants. She can and will repeat everything you you say with clear enunciation (watch out!) and her vocabulary is growing by the day.
Her "what is that?" is enough to drive you batty by the 500th time you hear it in a day, yet will we keep responding.Now she follows that question up with, "where did it come from?"  Her need to know everything all the time keeps us in conversation all day long.
She's been asking "what's that noise?" for some time now, but it has grown to "what's that noise over there Mommy?"
Jason works with our brother-in-law Joe who is married to Jason's sister Stefani, so they go hand in hand - Joe and Stefani.
many months ago Madison asked where Daddy was. I told her that he was at work.
Madison says, "Joe and Stefani." I say, "Yes, with Joe and Stefani." Madison says, "play football." I say, "probably."
So she has this idea that Jason goes to work everyday to play football with Joe and Stefani. Where did that come from? I have no idea. Golf maybe, but not football.
Yesterday this was our conversation:
Madison: Daddy at work?
Me: Yes, Daddy is a work.
Madison: With Joe?
Me: Yes with Joe.
Madison: Play Football?
Me: Yes Probably
Madison: Baseball too probably.
I laughed so hard I could hardly stand it.
Boy will the kids in her class be disappointed on career day when they realize that Madison's dad is not a professional athlete on a daily basis.

Here are some funnies just from yesterday:
"Mommy what is that?" "It's Mascara." "I'm a wear mascara too Mommy."

Madison is going through the plastic grocery bags hanging on the cabinet. She takes two and goes to the back door. "Madison, what are you doing?" "I'm a go pick up dog poop Mommy."
Again -- I laughed hard here. Boy will she hate that chore someday.

Madison is potty trained. 99% I'd say. #1 and #2 are quite successful. She loves her big girl panties and is quite obsessed with them. So at nap time I made her take off the panties and put on a pull-up. She's very concerned that they need to be in  safe place while she sleeps, so her Elmo doll is in charge of watching over them. As soon as she wakes up she checks on Elmo and these panties. I told her that Elmo kept them safe for her and give them back to her. She grabs them both excitedly and says, "OH! THANK YOU ELMO!" and gives Elmo a big hug and kiss.

Madison asked to see her baby brother yesterday, so I showed her my big ole 7 and a half month pregnant belly. She kissed it, patted it and then grabbed both sides of by belly rocking back and forth and said, "I'm going to rock Samuel too."

In the tub last night she decided to sit in her little boat that is way to small for even one of her little butt cheeks. I asked what she was doing and she said, "row, row boat Mommy."  I asked why and she said, "Catch a fish!" and she swooped up a #3 foam letter floating near by and said, "See a  fish!"

She was on the potty at bath time and her dad was working on the new nursery. She asked what he was doing and she then jumped off the potty, opened the door and yelled " WELL HEEYYYY
DAAADDYYYY." Closed the door and hopped back in the tub.

After the bath, she was back on the potty again and the air compressor started up in the room that Jason was working on without warning. This scared her so bad at the moment that the flew forward in mid pee stream, never letting her feet touch the floor and landed on my bent legs where she finished the bathroom. She was so shocked in the moment with panic that she didn't know what had just happened. I am sure I should have helped more, but I laughed so hard that I too peed my pants and really couldn't help it. No words were spoken here... Just laughter.

Oh, what will tomorrow bring?




No comments:

Post a Comment