Jason's dad, aka: Madison's Pappa, has retired.
He has spent the last year building his retirement log cabin on lake property in East Texas. It is fabulous. All of the Vaughan's recently met out there to celebrate the completion of all his hard work paying off. One year ago we all met to celebrate Pappa's 60th birthday. We ate on picnic tables on a wooded lot. This time we ate around a massive 7 foot dinner table inside of a beautiful log cabin. It was a great day of family, fun, and Pappa's unbelievable delicious smoked BBQ.
Madison loves water and could easily fit right under the ledge of the dock if we'd let her. I was a bit nervous to let her play down there. We'll have many more years to grow into this place.
I have never seen anyone who likes to fish more than the Vaughan boys. I don't get it, but it keeps them entertained for hours. Yes, I do mean hours. I am pretty sure Uncle Joe won the fishing competition. Pappa already has Madison a princess fishing pole ready to go when she's big enough!
What's better than a baby who loves water and boats to be able to "row, row" in her own? She really just climbed all over these and when I made her go inside to cool off she left kicking and screaming all the way up the hill!
Retirement. What a fabulous word.
Congratulations Pappa! We are so happy for you. Now let's just get Mamma to retirement and you'll really be good to go!

That's so awesome! Congratulations to him, and such fun for Madison!
ReplyDeleteYes, but what about us? Will we ever make it? Both of Jason parents were/are teachers. I can't imagine ever making it that long! So, here's to another year- if that doesn't get you all excited to go back, what will? HA!
ReplyDelete