Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mommy is okay....

I have often wondered among many groups of people if I was good enough. I have never once stood in a group of people and ever thought that I was the best or the prettiest or the funniest. I have had that doubt recently in the parenting world and that is a guilty gut wrenching feeling. I am a working mom who wants to not work and stay at home and raise my daughter, but financially that is just not happening for us right now. Right now I am at home for summer. We play hard every day. We are tired every day. I am trying to keep us busy every day. Recently I stopped to think.... could I really be a stay at home mom? Am I good enough? Could I teach her enough? Am I enough for Madison? Will I do right by this sweet precious angel? I get choked up now just asking those questions to myself. The bottom line is that no one should be judging my parenting, including myself. Madison is loved... more than any being has been loved before! In life in general, that counts for so much! She is kind, polite, uses her manners, and is happy ever single day.
I lost sleep over this recently -- stay awake in self judgement. Then I woke up to Madison's babbles and single syllable words playing with her baby dolls in her crib. I slowly walk up the stairs still rubbing my eyes and open her bedroom door to a very enthusiastic "Mama!" She happily pets the dog calling her, "good girl" and then asks for me to play her music mobile and we sing along. Then we play humpty dumpty and she laughs and giggles wildly before she throws both arms into the air and asks me to start our day. As I kiss all over her I glance at the canvas that hangs on her wall by her crib.
And I think.... Yep. I can do that. Yep. I am doing something right.
So here's to another day of being Madison's mommy and loving it for all that it is!

 I read the following blog by a girl that I have known for a while It made me smile and gave me a little more self confidence that I needed at that moment....


Here's to mothers. The perfect (if there is such a thing) and those that will love unconditionally and sure try their hardest! I dont strive to be a perfect parent. I strive to raise a well-adjusted, kind, loyal, loving, knows right from wrong, believes in love, knows love, loves fully, makes happy memories, listens to their heart and loves Jesus, daughter.
 So far, so good.... :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment