The weather gave us thunder storms, cold wind, and the of course heat... It is Texas after all.She has a thing with wearing shoes that are way too big for her. These are my rain boots that she was dying to wear. She thought that was so funny. Then she tried to walk in them, fell over and hated them. She blamed the boots of course.
We bought a step stool for Madison's bathroom that we figured we'd use sometime down the road. Turns out that time is now. We know that Madison is big. She continues to be in the 99% for height and is wearing 2T at almost 15 months, but we never really see her as "big" until things like climbing up and reaching the faucet happens. Now she can wash her hands and loves to play in the water. By the time we were finished here, the sink was full of bath toys and I am sure we'll have an outrageous water bill -- all worth it of course! She could have stayed her all day and cried when I had made her leave the sink and dry off. Now every time she passes any sink both of her hands come flying out towards the faucet with grunts.
We played outside for hours at a time every day. I let her wear her squeakers to play. I mean, where else do you wear those shoes? She ran looking down most of the time and would end up running in circles trying to figure out how her feet were doing that. The dog of course, was not as amused as the rest of us. The wind was really bowing at the beginning of the week and we were careful to keep her warm and her ears covered, but on Wednesday night we ended up at Acute Kids with a double ear infection and pink eye. I started seeing the goop after nap and by bath time it was really thick. We had no idea she had an ear infection. She didn't give us any clues. So now we are still on antibiotics and eye drops- neither of which she minds.
With Madison and I not feeling well we decided it was best to head to the country and visit Nana and Grandpa again! She felt much better by the end of our trip. She can call Nana by name and was working hard on Grandpa. She says "nite nite" and when asked "who does ____ love" she answers with a very excited, "ME!" Any name works here, really! :-) She loves the golf cart and was able to beg hard enough (or should I say whine) that she got about 3 rides a day. I left her on the ground in a full out fit and Grandpa swoops her up and goes for a very long drive.
Oh yes, did I mention she DRIVES!! She likes to be in control of that steering wheel. She could climb on this thing all day. ~So now we're back to the real world tomorrow. But not after a trip to Mamma and Pappa's with of course more aunts and uncles. Like I said, I do think she'll be quite spoiled after this break. But Mamma tells us, that's what grandparents are for!!

No comments:
Post a Comment